Chicago CROP Hunger Walk

Local Hunger Agency Grants and Links

CHICAGO CROP HUNGER WALK
LOCAL HUNGER AGENCY GRANT RECIPIENTS

Where do the Chicago CROP Hunger Walk funds go?

CROP Hunger Walks help to support the overall ministry of Church World Service to alleviate and stem hunger around the world and around the corner in the US.

CWS distributes 75% of gross funds to the grassroots, hunger-fighting development efforts of worldwide ecumenical partner agencies. CROP Hunger Walks help to provide tools of hope that empower people to meet their own needs. From seeds and tools, to wells and water systems, to technical training and micro-enterprise loans, the key is people working together to identify their own development priorities, their strengths and their needs -- something CWS has learned through 72 years (founded in 1946) of working in partnership around the US and the world providing hunger, disaster, water, refugee, and poverty relief!

Besides the 75% of the gross funds going to CWS, the 2018 Chicago CROP Hunger Walk will return the remaining 25% equally among five local agencies (depending on completion of Walk commitments):

The 2017 Chicago CROP Hunger Walk (CWS) raised $45,260.00 and awarded $11,315 (a full 25%) to Local Hunger Agency Grants:

  • Facing Forward to End Homelessness - 4.167%
  • Episcopal Diocese of Chicago Hunger Network Committee - 4.167%
  • A Just Harvest - 4.167%
  • South Loop Campus Ministry - 4.167%
  • Lakeview Food Pantry - 4.167%
  • Second Presbyterian Lunch Bag Program - 4.167%

  • The 2016 Chicago CROP Hunger Walk (CWS) raised $35,222.80 and awarded $8,805.70 (a full 25%) to Local Hunger Agency Grants:

    The 2015 Chicago CROP Hunger Walk (CWS) raised $37,491 and awarded $9,122.09 (a full 25%) to Local Hunger Agency Grants:

    The 2014 Chicago CROP Hunger Walk (CWS) raised $36,488.34 and awarded $9,122.09 (a full 25%) to Local Hunger Agency Grants:

    The 2013 Chicago CROP Hunger Walk (CWS) raised $35,602.42 and awarded $8,900.60 (a full 25%) to Local Hunger Agency Grants:

    The 2012 Chicago CROP Hunger Walk (CWS) raised $42,251.39 and awarded $10,562.85 (a full 25%) to Local Hunger Agency Grants:

    The 2011 Chicago CROP Hunger Walk (CWS) raised $35,135.34 and awarded $8,783.84 (a full 25%) to Local Hunger Agency Grants:

    The 2010 Chicago CROP Hunger Walk (CWS) raised $48,444.29 and awarded $12,111.07 (a full 25%) to Local Hunger Agency Grants:

    The 2009 Chicago CROP Hunger Walk (CWS) raised $59,870.62 and awarded $14,967.66 (a full 25%) to Local Hunger Agency Grants:

    • $419.09 Chicago Anti-Hunger Federation
    • $898.06 Episcopal Hunger Commission
    • $3,412.62 Interfaith Council for the Homeless (Now "Facing Forward to End Homelessness")
    • $3,412.62 Marcy Newberry Association
    • $1,377.02 Mercy Hospital - (Mother McAuley Hunger Project)
    • $3,412.62 Presbyterian Hunger Mission Team
    • $2,035.60 The Night Ministry

    The 2008 Chicago CROP Hunger Walk (CWS) raised $61,530.18 and awarded $15,382.55 (a full 25%) in Local Hunger Agency Grants:

    • $250.00 Chicago Anti-Hunger Federation
    • $908.60 Episcopal Hunger Commission
    • $250.00 Epworth Community Food Pantry 
    • (now a part of Cornerstone Community Outreach)
    • $3,500.00 Interfaith Council for the Homeless
    • $3,500.00 Marcy Newberry Association
    • $1,403.13 Mercy Hospital - (Mother McAuley Hunger Project)
    • $3,500.00 Presbyterian Hunger Mission Team
    • $2,070.82 The Night Ministry

    December 2018

    Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
                1
    2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    9 10 11 12 13 14 15
    16 17 18 19 20 21 22
    23 24 25 26 27 28 29
    30 31          

    Join CWS on

    Facebook TwitterYouTube

    CWS Homepage | Regional Office Toll-free 888.CWS.CROP

    Church World Service works with partners to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world.

    Recognized as one of America's Most Efficient Charities, Church World Service has earned an A rating from the American Institute of Philanthropy
    and was named one of the Top 100 Highly Rated Charities by GiveSpot.com.

    Powered by Movable Type Pro